The three year old and I made some yummy Jam Tarts! They were delicious and so easy to make. You only need four ingredients and you should find all of them in your kitchen already. So lets get baking!
- 250g Plain Flour
- Strawberry Jam
- 125g Butter
- 3-4 Tablespoons water
Method to make Jam Tarts:
- First preheat your oven to 180C and grease your muffin tray! We just used a little bit of butter
- Weigh out the flour and then sieve it into a mixing bowl. Then add the butter!
3. Rub the flour and butter together using your fingertips until you make breadcrumbs
4. Add the water a little bit at a time and knead together until it makes a dough
5. Sprinkle some flour out onto the table and start rolling out your dough to about 5mm thickness
6. Cut circles out of the dough and place them into the muffin tray
7. Insert some jam into each tart
8. Using the left over dough cut out some shapes – we cut out some stars. Then place them on top of the jam tarts. They look great already don’t they?
9. Bake for about 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven or until the tarts are a nice golden brown colour. Remember the oven should be preheated to 180c!
10. Let them cool before eating!
Also remember to subscribe and share!