The three year old and I made some yummy chocolate brownies last week. We had a LOT of left over Easter eggs that were literally taking over the larder cupboard. I mean they were toppling out as you opened the doors.
These brownies were really quick and easy to make too so perfect for little helpers. Baking with children is a great activity as it’s so good for their learning and development. Plus it’s fun too 🙂
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g butter
- 200g soft brown sugar preferably – we ran out of brown sugar and used a tad of white granulated sugar too!
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 200g self raising flour
Method to make these yummy chocolate brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 180c and grease a baking tray or use greaseproof paper
- You will need to melt the chocolate and butter together in a sauce pan over a low heat – set aside to cool
- Encourage your child to help weigh out the sugar then stir into the chocolate and butter mixture. Then add the eggs and stir all together
- Weigh out the self raising flour and use a sieve to add to the mixture. Fold the flour in. The mix should be nice and smooth!
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking tray (or greaseproof paper baking tray). If you want to add any chocolate chips, marshmallows, nuts or any other toppings on top then go ahead!
- Bake for around 20 minutes at 180c. Just keep checking on them until cooked and the middle is soft. Let the brownies cool in the tin before serving!
I hope you enjoy your brownies! Let me know if you added any toppings that go well 🙂